Thread: Lung cancer
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
I know it's very vague subject title. But don't have many answers right now. Anyone with any experience, advice, recommendations etc., it is all appreciated. My 36 yr old wife has severe pain in her chest. Went to ER. Got xray then immediate admission to a CT scan. CT AND XRAY both indicated cancer. Bloodwork after 1 week shows exact same white blood cell count, which is through the roof. WBC Didn't recede at all with aggresive antibiotics, indicating cancer. Tests show a Tennis ball sized mass in her lung. Have to wait until June 27th for a biopsy, but she is getting worse every day. I can't even hug or hold her because she can't breathe. Getting desperate for any sort of help. If anyone has any sort of experience or advice, I'm all ears. Thanks.
X2. Good luck Bloopbloob. The tests and uncertainty are nerve wracking. Wife also has a Tumor on her kidney (2.5”). Just finished ct scans, blood work, X-rays. However to book appointments takes 2-3 weeks. She particularly doesn’t like the assigned doctor. Looking at different doctor. Then longer wait times. The pain from Tumor does not allow her to sleep. Taking meds to dull pain, however she does not sleep well. I have to admit. We are angry at Alberta health. Seems to be non functioning, and you cannot book appointments. They call you when to book the appointment. When you have paid millions (yes millions between the two of us combined (50% my tax dollars going towards healthcare)), you receive terrible service. This is a crime. The tax system is a joke. The next test is Monday. May decide to remove kidney. Thinking about heading south. Good luck Bloop.