View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Wrong. The Military calls it an "aptitude test" but it is clearly an I.Q. test. They have been doing these for decades and still do them on every potential recruit. Also, I have no idea how saying recruits have to be of normal intelligence or better is in any way denigrating to people in the service. You don't have to score Mensa levels to get in, but that is true of most jobs. If I accused them of being low IQ, learning deficient I get it, but that is not what I said.

https://cfatready.ca/about-the-exams...ude-test-cfat/

http://cradpdf.drdc.gc.ca/PDFS/unc86/p531586.pdf

Canada – Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT)
In Canada, the standardized test used to assses recruits for the military is called the CFAT.

The purpose of the Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) is to help determine to which specific military occupations you suit best.

There are two versions of the test. You can either do it by hand or do an electronic version called the electronic Forces Aptitude Test (eCFAT).

The CFAT divided into three components:

Verbal Skills – 15 questions (5 minutes)
Spatial Ability – 15 questions (10 minutes)
Problem Solving – 30 questions (30 minutes)

The use of paper, pens, pencils and erasers are allowed. You can not have any books, notes, dictionaries, thesaurus, writing paper, calculators, calculator watches, or any other sort of aid in the test room.

NOTE: We are a private company, and in no-way associated or related to the Canadian Forces / Canadian government.
I'm wrong? Ha ha. I did that test in 1972. You clearly are over representing the CFAT and your knowledge on the subject. It's not an IQ test and there was never reference to an IQ of 90 (as you said) as a low standard for enrolment.

You attempted to serve up that the military would enrol people of lower IQ but you in fact served up a 90 IQ which is the average guy on AO, or anywhere for that matter. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about...

Your occupation taking in all the geniuses?