View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
Never once was I taught or taught a single Soldier to walk "locked and loaded with the safety off" we call locked and loaded (READIED).

"Readied" is with a magazine fitted, pull cocking handle to the rear and let go (do not ride the cocking handle forward) to load a round. Hit the forward assist, engage the safety and close your ejection port.

We also taught a rule to never move the fire mode selector off safety until ready to fire. That was strictly engrained.

For the past 25 or so years hearing protection has been issued and available to all Soldiers to wear in the Canadian Forces. Where I worked We use to do round counts to keep track of exposure to loud noise and explosions we were exposed to.
This would be about when major industry started to actually enforce the wearing of ear protection of their workers.

As for the 90 IQ.......... you would have to show me the official documentation on standards for me to understand that claim.
To be fair to the modern military I am talking about the military 40 years ago as that is where my direct experience stops. My father retired form the Military in 1973 after joining in 1943. Time flies, you forget how long ago it actually was, seemed like only yesterday.

Last edited by Dean2; 04-17-2018 at 11:57 AM.