View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post

If it was an ex-military that taught it to you, remember, the entrance requirement for the military is a 90 I.Q. Same idiot leaders that made their men shoot 1000s of rounds a week for years with no ear protection and had multiple friendly fires where guys shot each other in the back because they were trained to walk locked and loaded, safety off, walking single file into a building or hot zone.

Never once was I taught or taught a single Soldier to walk "locked and loaded with the safety off" we call locked and loaded (READIED).

"Readied" is with a magazine fitted, pull cocking handle to the rear and let go (do not ride the cocking handle forward) to load a round. Hit the forward assist, engage the safety and close your ejection port.

We also taught a rule to never move the fire mode selector off safety until ready to fire. That was strictly engrained.

For the past 25 or so years hearing protection has been issued and available to all Soldiers to wear in the Canadian Forces. Where I worked We use to do round counts to keep track of exposure to loud noise and explosions we were exposed to.
This would be about when major industry started to actually enforce the wearing of ear protection of their workers.

As for the 90 IQ.......... you would have to show me the official documentation on standards for me to understand that claim.