View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 09:04 PM

I ordered the outfitter stove when I ordered a 12x14 wall tent from deluxe wall tents. There is a size up from this stove if you want something larger. I think the quality of the wood (the harder the better and not rotten) you are burning will make a bigger difference then the size of the stove in regards to burning all night. Also, if it is really cold (-20 to -30+) you will be going through wood quicker. At -30c I've had the stove burn all night but there's just Amber's there in the morning. It's still -20 or so in the tent when you have both dampers almost shut. I only notice the cold when I get out of my -45c sleeping bag. Nice thing with having the Amber's burning is you just need to throw more wood in and open the dampers and jump back in the bag and 20 mins later it's nice and warm. I think this style stove is great, it is air tight, the flat surface is great for cooking/boiling water, and the heating tray is good for keeping food warm or thawing out steaks. It is more then enough stove for a 12x14 tent. When you are awake there is no problem keeping the tent at +25-30 when it is -30 outside. When it is really cold outside there is no wood burning stove that I know of that will burn wood slow enough to keep it warm (+20) in the tent all night. The stove throws more heat the hotter/faster it burns.The goal overnight is to keep it a bit warmer then outside. Also, a stove fan will help circulate the heat better.