View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
I still have some faith in the police. It's the judicial system I have problems with.

About an hour ago, 2:30 AM, I went on my balcony for a quick cigarette and I noticed someone breaking into one car in our parking lot. 2 minutes later he is trying to break into my car. I called the EPS and they were there within 3 minutes and did catch the perp. He had a suitcase full of goods stolen from a few vehicles tonight. Hopefully the police will at least keep him for a couple hours and the stolen goods get returned.
Big difference here, city police forces tend to be very reliable, the RCMP not so much. I used to work closely with law enforcement all over Alberta and always hated dealing with the RCMP. The company I used to work for even stopped taking contracts in certain areas because of their poor responses and total lack of professionalism. I even had guys refuse work because they didn't feel safe knowing it was the RCMP who would respond. Unless they know it will be a photo op or are protecting their own, don't count on any quality response from them.
As said many times on this forum" to serve summons and protect themselves"
Actually there is one good thing I can say about them, any time I did call them, it meant lots of overtime pay.

Quote:
Ken07AOVette
Another cop bashing thread. Has it been a week already?
If they would get their act together and once again become a group of dedicated, respectable professionals we wouldn't have the need to bash them on a weekly basis.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."