View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7magtime View Post
Congrats Dend! I believe I chatted with you and your friend after you got him to the road, great bull.
Probably, I had the little Tacoma all filled up. It was nice to meet you, always like meeting AO guys.

Kind of a long story. Went out beginning of the season and probably spent 12 to 13 days total hiking around 3 different spots. Only saw 3 moose before this one. 3 Elk total and 2 white tail. But did find an amazing dead head in the bush of 248. Ill leave a pic. Spent lots of days in a tree stand and still hunting. Explored tons more land than ever before. Has probably 8 different bull moose on camera in september. Took 2 days off work to get it done. All day Thursday I didn't see anything so moved to another property I had been to once. Walked the perimeter and saw a cow moose. Finished my loop and went back to the truck to have a break and try not to quit for the morning. On the way back to the truck I saw this trail and decided to still hunt it. Went slow and called and nothing. Came to a fork in the trail and went left. Took a few steps and decided to go the direction of where I saw the cow, which was the right part of the fork. Probably 30 yards down the trail saw this big black moose bedded. Saw antlers and started to freak out. Went to get low to move forward and started to fall backwards. Lucky for me there was a down tree that my butt landed on and made no noise. 35 yards from the moose now and get up and move 5 yards forward for better shooting lane. Find a clear lane about 2 feet wide. As soon as I had my bow ready to go, I didn't have an arrow knocked, he stood up and walked right into my lane. I stopped him with a grunt and let the arrow fly. He only ran about 30 yards and fell right beside that log which was a huge help on a solo break down gutless method. I couldn't believe it. Measured out in the truck at just over 44 inch.

Here's the elk I found this year.

Last edited by jungleboy; 01-01-2024 at 09:40 AM.