View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
LOL!! I hear ya, everytuime I go to the brew store and spend more and more.... pennies a glass a they say, pennies a glass.
The only time I go to any local brick and mortar store is if it is an emergency.For my hops/yeast and specialty items I buy through Everwood ave brewshop online.The owner is Dave and he runs the shop out of his house.He keeps a HUGE selection of both equipment and ingredients in stock and his prices are damn good.The flat rate shipping is what is really nice.That being said my orders are not cheap as I like to max out the value for shipping.I buy hops by the pound and fill up on specialty grains and always top up on the little things like whirlflock tablets and bitter orange peel.

For my base grains I dont mess about with small orders.I got hooked up with a local home brewer who did twice yearly runs down to Armstrong BC to pick up a load of sacks from Gambrinus Malting.Last order for me was 3 sacks of ESB and 1 sack each of Vienna/Munich/Pale Ale all for $180.Total malt bill was 330 pounds of malt.He no longer drives down but does organize group buys which adds $4 per sack of malt which works out to 1/3rd of what I would pay locally.

If you are interested I can send you his email via PM if you want to get in on the group buy.

FTH