View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
CNP is right, there is water over the falls at Lundbreck, but to my eye, not a scientist at all, just a vert old fly fisherman, there is barely enough water for the fish.

The rest of the rivers south of Calagry to Lundbreck do not look good at all, some are not even running.

The really bad news is the Oldman dam resevoir, it is basically empty. The river runs in a small ditch between large mud flats. The board launches on the north shore are high and dry. People who have bought "lake friont" property have some for sale signs. Farmers who have cattle that need water to drink and to grow feed are in a very precarious situation.

I really feel like I'm closing the door after the horse got out but here goes; how long will it take to fill the resevoir? Where did all the water that was in there go? Are there rules about how much water can be removed?

Thanks fellows for all your help on this. We are all in this together and we need a solution that we can all live with right now.
The Crow is at normal levels for this time of year. Lots of water for the fish and the river is being fished regularly.