View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 08:36 AM

by the looks of your other tread about bullets, i see zero 'practica'l reasons for you build one of these guns. your mashburn is certainly doing all that is required as far as accuracy and killing power. pretty sure i have read remarks of yours stating the elk will never know the bullet was 200 fps slower than it could have been.
i have done a pile of building goofy guns on wildcats, ai conversions, etc, and looking back i wish i had spent the money on optics and components and just shot more.
all the time prepping, forming new brass, load development, buying tools to work with new creations, were 100% wasted, except for the experience of seeing a brainwave come to fruition.
there is no question that some of the improvements were valuable, such as 40* shoulders, to stop case length growth; but the cons of **** poor feeding unless you spend another $3-500 for a mag kit to solve the problem, hardly outweighs the gain in velocity.
all of the above remarks are solely directed at normal use hunting guns, if you were building a dedicated target rifle...............disregard all of it..........lol.

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.