View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 10:41 PM

Wow, though crowd...lol.

I’ve had people take me into their “honey holes” before and I’d never think to go back in there by myself or even mention the spot to someone else. Wouldn’t even consider asking. That’s kind of an unwritten rule and it’s a respect thing.

But, I’ve taken people into good areas before or told people about good areas and I really couldn’t care less if they go back in there. Maybe when I was younger it would have bothered me but not for a long time now.

No place I go to is void of other people. If I’ve found it so has someone else. Heck if I’ve found it and it turns out to be a nice spot then someone else probably already considers it their “honey hole”.

I spend a lot of time out in the bush and usually only hunt the same spots a couple times a year. I think I bore easily. Finding new spots to me is half the fun. Or new ways of getting into spots. Then I spend a ton of time, months sometimes, thinking about how to hunt the area. Then it’s a trip in to check things out. If I’m not successful but the area has promise then I keep at it And will go back but if I get what I’m after then it’s on to the next spot. To me that’s half the fun and I quite often pass that info on to other people because finding the area and then planning how to hunt it is the fun part for me.

But, if I did find that magical spot that for some reason was overlooked by others and really meant something to me I’d keep it to myself and not tell a soul.