Thread: Cook My Goose!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Well, if you think all wild game tastes the same then your taste buds need a tune up. In your version, Spruce Grouse and Ruffies have the same wild game flavour, A Brant tastes the same as a Mallard and Elk is just as wild tasting as Mountain Goat. In my version of the world, I will take Ruffed Grouse, Mallard and Elk.

For most people, enjoying a goose is about finding a way to keep or make it tender - so slicing, grinding, slow cooking or serving rare to med rare, AND finding a way to improve the overall taste. If you survey 100 hunters, just like in this thread, 98 will say goose needs a lot of work to taste good. You can just toss it in the oven, and it will make poop in the morning but I am not eating wild meat for survival and neither are most on here.

Lots of great ideas on how to cook and treat goose. Learned a couple of things.
No one ever said that all wild game tastes the same, love the flavor of wild goose meat and all wild game. I'm just not willing to change the flavor of any wild game meat. Many ways to add to the flavor without disguising it. Some like it some don't, that's fine.