View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 03:47 PM

The point of impact.

Working the F Class target area was an eye opener, and those that harvest critters would soon see why.

The trajectory catch,,, "bullet stop" tells alot about ft-lbs energy from different bullets at range.

The 30 cal 200, 210, and 240's wallop that back drop, even the 139'ers from the 6.5's hit with force at the 400m mark.

But at 800m all the flying trajectories hit soft,,, I knew this from my years game Harvesting. This might of been why I jumped into the belted magnum side of things.

Distance too impact at a 1000 too 1500m would even be less then what we seen that Saterday.

I now realize the range limits of a few cartrages that were out there that day,,, mostly the 308 / 30/06 since there closely matched.

My first plan from day one was 180 gr,,, then my long time friend mentioned 150's as I was really going that direction.

Robert how ever got me thinking once again.

There's no replacement for displacement. Ha.

178/ 180gr are on the table from here on in if I choose too reach distances at range.

High BC is what it takes too buck the winds, and carry some impact with it down there.

Too each their own my friends,,, if you get the chance too work F Class or Full Bore at the target area / "The Butt." take it on as it could open ones mind as it did mine on what is impact of bullets at distance.

There might be 3000 ft-lbs at the muzzle, but it's much much less too and beyond the 800 / 1000m mark.

I know where too call it quits now at critter harvest distance.

Don