View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowtrail View Post
Where have you seen a new Carbon? They aren't out yet.
I love my gen 2 touch and planning to upgrade and network to a Carbon once they come out.

To the OP
The HDS Carbon is touch screen and now has pinch to zoom just like our phones have. The onscreen keyboard is great for making waypoints abs really fast to type.

The Helix isn't a touch screen so you're comparing apples to oranges. Hummingbird is coming out with a new touchscreen unit to replace the Onyx.

I love my Insight Genesis and use it on any lake I go and now can overlay live structure scan.
I haven't seen the new Carbon yet just the videos and info that Lowrance and some others have posted.

The side imaging and structure scan 3d hasn't changed. They have brighter screens, faster dual core processor, dual channel chirp sonar(can view 2 different sonar frequencies at same time), sonarchart live(which is also available as an update for gen 3 units).

The new Humminbird replacing the Onix is called the Solix it is only available in a 12 and 15 inch size. The 12 inch Solix with mega imaging is the same price as the 9 inch HDS Carbon with structure scan 3d.

Insight genesis is by far the biggest advantage Lowrance has imo. Lowrance is going to have accurate maps before Humminbird because they collect and share data whereas with the Humminbird you need to map all your lakes on your own.