View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
Mud is left, sand is right. You can actually see where the mud onlaps the previous sandy/hard bottom as the lake bed slowly fills with silt/mud.

Beauty is in in the eye of the beholder as they say. To my eye, the display quality of the Lowrance is definitely superior.

The sand/gravel/mud bar is interesting, but to be honest, it does nothing for me.

I agree With your assessment. I had to clarify because way you wrote it twice lead me to believe you interpreted it the opposite way.

Correct. My bottom of the range furuno running a non chirp, $120 ducer is not “that” good. When I upgrade to a 1kw chirp transducer I’ll get better returns and until then I’ll deal with what I’ve got. However, the lowrance imo isn’t on par with my old bird but that’s hard to quantify because you’ve got the gain set a little higher then I did (as it should be) and I had all the weak returns filtered out. However I was in 150’ of water and showing both bait and fish with crystal clarity so I still preferred what I had.

You and I fish different water and it’s pretty well impossible for me to distinguish between sand/gravel/rock based on bottom return. I’ve never seen a muddy bottom here so I’ll leave that out. Can you discern the difference based on bottom return in either of my pictures? The difference on where to find fish or bait is night and day though so it helps me.