Thread: Snowmobiles
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtz View Post
So the wife and I have decided to get back into snowmobiling, we were pretty aggressive riders in our 20's but we are now in our late 40's. We each ride our own sleds, no mountains just trail riding and nice powder fields, ditch riding. So we were thinking crossover sleds, the other day I got a crazy good deal on a used arctic cat cross country 800cc. So I've rode it a couple times now and realized that I don't want to ride that fast and aggressive anymore, plus it likes the gas and oil. So I'm thinking down sizing, any one riding like the polaris voyager 550 or the arctic cat lynx 570. Any info, how they are on trails, powder, how much fuel and oil on a average ride. Or should I look at 600cc. Thanks
I have a 2001 polaris Classic 500 and just bought a new Arctic Cat2016 Lynx 2000. Both 2 up models and I have just used on them on the prairies, pretty happy with both. Both pretty good on fuel, the Lynx seems to burn a bit more oil.
Top speed on both about 75mph (about 65hp) but the only time I went that fast was on a groomed trail on the lake. Not much deep powder around here this year but the bit I did go through the power was good in both. The suspension and ride on the new Lynx is the biggest difference I see, much nicer ride on the Lynx.