View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 05:57 PM

Default Dear Scrapper

i appreciate your desire to see safer society. I just think banning a particular type of firearm will not achieve this. We have to remember that the most dangerous part of the equation is the individual behind the trigger. We currently have a very robust system that filters out potentialy dangersous firearms owners with the Pal and Rpal system. If you go through this process and are deemed to be capable of owning a firearm then you should be able to own and responsibly use all types. Once again its not the gun that is responsible for a shooting masacre its the person pulling the trigger.

Frankly a 300 win mag in the hands of a nutcase who is a superb marksman on a rooftop is a heckof alot more dangerous then some Rambo wannabe with a .223. I guess we should ban 300 win mags because they can leave a bigger hole then a .223

I used to think like you did up to about 1 1/2 years ago. The arguments put forward by members of this forum changed my point of view. I used to just hunt and target shoot so the "assault ban" didnt effect me. I came to realize that the type of firearm doesnt matter. its about people not guns.