View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Twister View Post
I was just on a hunt with a guide that has been guiding for the last 10 years. We talked about different things including optics. He's looked through most if not all binos. Its his job not just a hobby, so I do value his opinion when he runs the EL-10x42. Whether or not they are deemed the best by anyone here doesn't really matter. I'm just saying what the guide that hunts for a living uses by choice.
what's that outfitter/guide south of the border does sheep hunts, John Porter well over 100 rams, uses a leupold spotter 12-40x, Swaro guys must cringe every time they see him in that thing and he's in it a lot lol, and as markymark said, the mexican sheep guides and what they find with their cheap bushnells, in areas i already know i can get away with just about anything too, lots to be said for the nut behind wheel, when you know your quarry and the land you've been hunting for a long time you get pretty quick regardless of the glass, when you're dissecting new country top glass with hours and hours of comfort make a difference, with this argument we wouldn't need any of these options

not bashing your precious green gear markymark, just realist views, get it out of the clouds where it doesn't belong anyway, don't drink swaro kool-aid folks, it's good gear, just not unicorn tears and fairy dust as often made out to be, you can take team greens advice and you'll do alright, but maybe try a few others out before you take that extra green hit in the wallet

definitely conservative voter here, because that matters in your optics choices

Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 08-11-2020 at 11:39 AM.