View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 07:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
This and what 209 said (except the range finder inclusion part) is what I’ve said a couple times. If you can’t compare yourself then watch the bird/optical sites as they will get them all together and compare and review. I’ve stated that they will be a great bino, I’ve also stated I will be surprised if they can beat my dozen year old leicas as they haven’t changed a thing because the tech has peaked. Because that’s what they said back then too, swaro is the best lol, but it wasn’t. They sure charge for it like it is though. They eek out a few more feet of fov here and there, they change some ergos, coatings. That’s it.

And people will make a little video Saying they are awesome, and the kool-aid people say ‘see?!, this guy said they are awesome so they must be the best’ lol...when it’s not even part of a comparison...doh

What else I’m saying is wait a little bit and let them get compared to see where they shake out. I’m sure they’ve done their homework and and tweaked enough little things, but it is splitting hairs at the top. No new tech, except that little unicorn horn they’ve put on it for stability. Not new tech but maybe as applied to smaller handheld binos. That’s a thousand dollar touch that unicorn horn lol.
Sorry to say stinky, but you’re wrong.
As some one who has been involved in optics for 35+ years advancements in glass formulation, grinding technologies and coatings are ongoing.
Top camera lenses of today (their glass comes from the same companies as the bino’s use) easily outperform those of 10 years ago.
http://www.madehow.com/Volume-2/Camera-Lens.html
A new set of premium bino’s may not have enough improvement to spend the money to upgrade.... but if someone wants to upgrade, or it’s their first pair.... the glass today is better.