View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I would like for them to provide 30 years of crime statistics of every type of gun that they plan to ban, or statistics going back to when the gun model was first manufactured if its a design younger than 30. I think #'s like those would show what a non-issue they are in the hands of lawful owners. Numbers like this might even be understood by the unwashed masses who don't know about firearms, as opposed to those who are intentionally mis-educated on the matter who simply run on their compulsive hatred of them.

Statistics should be broken into a number of categories but all would fall under whether the user was licensed or not (two columns from there down).

Next statistic to bear in a separate category is to either totally exclude or at least record in its own column where the firearm was only used in a suicide (ie: a murder/suicide would fall in the murder category).

Next subcategories are by firearm model. Why ban something that's virtually never been a problem in Canada to be owned by people who have never been problems? A statistical anomaly such as a single illegal use should not prove a valid reason to ban anything.
I would really like to see those statistics, but they will never release the data, as it will show there is no issue with most guns