View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5911ryan View Post
I'd like to thank everyone for the nice words about the news article. Trapping needs to be promoted 1000 times better than it is now.

The one thing that I have noticed over the years, EVERY single time I promote the industry in any fashion, the only people that have a problem with it is fellow trappers. I can never understand that. Now here is an article about the modern trapping industry in Saskatchewan that shows all what we as trappers stand for and the only people upset are trappers. Just as a note, the article has been shared all over the internet and aired on television a couple times now and not one single negative response from anyone in the public including antis.

We as trappers have been "promoting" ourselves the exact same way since the late 1980s when society lashed out on fur. In 30 or so years, what has changed in our methods??? Nothing. We as an industry need to really get out there and start creating the headlines, not being the blurb at the end of the story rebutting the lies. Notice how PETA was the blurb in this article and the headline was trapping???? We need to continue on this path. Any time one takes a stand someone will be there to try to knock you down. That's normal and expected. It doesnt even fizz me.

The FIC and provincial trapping associations should be the ones creating these headlines. Instead its guys like me making the stories for the public to see. I like in theory what the FIC and associations stand for but they do not have a public voice. You can preach all you want in a closed room with no audience, it doesnt mean you're getting your word out.

I will never apologize or ask for permission to promote trapping. It's what I do and who I am. I may not be the best person for it, but I dont see any of our duly represented officials doing it. Thanks Ryan
Good work Sir !!!

I think you did a hell of a job, and like you just said we have to stop being afraid of our shadows and put our industry out constantly in a positive manner for the public.
The anti population is minuscule, they just talk really loud. It’s the other 90% of the population we need to see what we do as a positive thing that’s done responsibly.

Keep up the good fight !