View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 02:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
Let me back up tho... you did very well, the story was well done and the TV people are obviously friends to the trapping industry. So congrats! I enjoyed the presentation thoroughly!

But please... please before you continue going on your own with such public presentations involving media, could you please consult with some of the heavy hitters in the industry? This industry hangs on by a thread, we are likely one media event away from doom, perhaps not 100% ban on trapping, but the restrictions will come in, flying in depending upon the severity of the media event. By heavy hitters, I mean involve FIC people, who are professionals in this deptartment, backed by a legal team and much experience with both the public and media, and consult with other heavy hitters such as people from NAFA, even Canada Goose and carefully consider their advice?

Perhaps you did and had everyone's blessingand advice?
No it friggin doesn’t.

Would you care to share your facts to justify such bold statements? I feel sorry for people that fall for that stuff but after a decade or more of repeated fear mongering I understand how it becomes a “thing” with some people. Friggin ridiculous considering just the one fact that the government is paying Trappers to trap wolves.

Just stop with the baloney for goodness sakes.

I think that Ryan did a great job! The last that I heard he was the media rep for the STA and he’s actually doing what he volunteered to do.
It’s pretty bad when someone is gripped with fear from seeing a positive report about trapping. Way too much koolaide to drink IMO.