View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Banned

So, lets look at Ontario, BSL has been in place for years against pitbulls - yet dogs continue to bite. Look up the stats - Shepherds and Labs are now at the top of the list for bites. Rotties are in the top 5.

Pretty crazy isn't it? So, all of you that own Shepherds and Labradors - is it the dog or the owner?

This is why I say DNA test every dog that attacks - and have the owner of the offending dog pay for it. I'm sure the results will make people think - this walks like a duck mentality doesn't work anymore. Montreal forced BSL using 2 "pitbull" attacks - DNA after the fact showed neither had any bully in them. Pretty sad isn't it.

At any given time in a busy dog park, probably 20 percent of dogs can be called bully breeds - these are the bulldogs, cane corso's, the generic "pitbull" etc and I'm willing to bet at least 10 to 15 percent are the generic "pitbull" or crosses. There are alot of pitties in this city and so far, I haven't met an aggressive one in a dog park yet. Tho I have seen many other breeds showing aggression.

Triggers yeah, lets take the large female chocolate lab that attacked 2 small dogs in the span of 10 minutes in Jackie Parker dog park. Didn't see the first one, but i heard it, got there after the fact. I broke up the second one - not hard to see the instant the trigger happened. The shih-tsu ended up with puncture wounds in the neck and a badly shaken owner.