View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
Yes, if you have had nothing to drink you should challenge the instrument. I suppose that could happen, but do you really think it happens all that often?

When asked if they have been drinking most will say something like "a couple beers several hours ago" or "just a glass of wine at supper."

I do not think many will say "yes officer, I got up this morning and poured one and have been drinking till now and I am going to the store for another 40 oz of rum" or "I lost track at a half dozen"
If you look at the link that I posted, the roadside machines are not as accurate as many people think, which is likely why the courts don't rely on those machines to lay criminal charges for driving while impaired.
And I could care less how often a machine provides an incorrect reading, if am the one whose license is suspended, and whose vehicle is impounded, because of an error. Innocent people aren't found guilty of murder very often, but if you were Donald Marshall or David Milgaard, you would definitely be upset that it does happen.