Thread: Florida Trip
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonC View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how much was the gator/hog hunt?

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Gator was $1500 per person, hogs $500 each for as many as we could shoot in a day. So total was $4k USD plus tips.

Should mention that while there are a ton of hogs everywhere, it’s particularly good right now where we went……this guy has 6,000ac of good hog/gator country with lots of food that borders a large public hunting area. The public hunting area is closed except for small game hunting right now (can hunt hogs there but not with center fires so essentially zero tangible pressure on them). Usually when center fire is open there he said guys will hunt the border pretty hard catching hogs coming in and out of the private, but right now it’s been closed for a couple months so the majority of hogs in the public are coming into the private to feed and pushes numbers through the roof (like I’m talking in say a 1km walk through the scrub where it bordered some cucumber fields, we easily saw 40+ pigs in 3 groups alone……nevermind everywhere else and sitting over the feeders). And it was like that in all the private around the public, on the drive to the outfitter every field was packed with pigs, pigs running across the road lol. So if you’re thinking about doing it and want major pig numbers, supposedly in this area anyway spring is a prime time for them.

Last edited by 300magman; 03-12-2024 at 03:12 PM.