View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I know my vehicle is not among the trucks listed but I'll throw in for anyone who might be interested. Thanks for making me crunch the numbers, I'd been meaning to get to that.

2018 Mercedes Sprinter 3500 4x4 (dually). 3.0 L diesel V6. 15.1L/100 km overall since about my 3rd fill when I started logging my fuel and mileage in my phone notes section. That's off the odometer and recorded L at my fuel stops. If I discover an additional jerry can of diesel in storage I might have to modify my math very slightly. For something 9'4" tall with a good load of tools and inventory I think that's reasonable for combined city & highway, it sure beats the pants off of my old gas Savana. It also has some winter idling, but nothing excessive. The thing has a factory diesel-fired coolant heater (an Eberspacher) so that had some fuel burn time in there as well.

A recent highway trip to Fairmont for a job with a jump down to Cranbrook for materials netted 13.46L/100 km average over the 947.9 km trip. Driving the speed limit or +5 km/h for the most part.

On a related note, does anyone have a good fuel logging app that they utilize? I'm aware of GasBuddy but haven't signed up yet. Looking for user feedback before entering all of my data.
I use simply auto takes a while for the data to work
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190524-092809.jpg (13.4 KB, 22 views)