View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 09:49 AM

Default Quickest Firearms Import Yet

After checking with dealers and discovering that the delivery time for the shotgun that I wanted could be up to a year, I started searching the USA dealers to see if anyone had what I wanted in stock. I ended up finding a used gun with the options that I wanted, and with a third set of barrels, for a good price, and contacted Clay at Prophet River to see when he was bringing in another load of shotguns. It turns out that he was heading down on the weekend, and it being Wednesday, the chances of getting the gun to his FFL holder in Montana, and getting the paperwork done in time was very unlikely, so it would have to wait a month or so for the next shipment. The purchase was made anyways, and then Friday Clay called to inform me that by some miracle, the gun arrived at his FFL holder, and that the paperwork had been submitted, and there was a chance that he would be bringing the gun back on the weekend. Then Monday Clay sent me an e-mail notifying me, that the gun was in his store. I drove down and picked it up yesterday, for a total elapsed time between purchase in the USA, and me picking it up, of less than one week. This is certainly not the normal situation, but because of the timing , very prompt work by Clay and his staff, and a little luck, it was made possible.