Thread: Creedmoor
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
My 260 AI was a pioneering precursor to the Creed. The chamber is throated for the long bullets to maximize the case capacity as well the magazine is a custom piece of work allowing me to seat the bullets way out there. Optics have greatly reduced the value of muzzle velocity and with that the need to get the snot kicked out of you or barrels burned up in search of that velocity. Years ago, I realized that I didn’t like recoil and could see what it did to my shooting. I like the 260 AI and Creed and the other dozen or so similarly recoiling cartridges I have and really enjoy the civilized afternoons on my range shooting them. Shoot what you like whatever the cartridge might be but I’ll throw this out there. How much fewer wounded and missed game would there be if more folks shot a gun, they enjoyed shooting?
I originally ordered my rifle in 260ai but after some serious thinking I decided to go with the Creedmoor for more practical reasons. Resale was a factor for sure, not everyone reloads and if I decided I’d need more power I have other rifles to fill that spot. I kind of still wish I got the 260ai because I have the same type of rifle in 280ai, would have been a neat pair.