View Single Post
Old 05-29-2023, 07:39 AM

Default Right Move???????

Hello all,

Hoping to get some opinions/suggestions on our upcoming relocation. Both hubby and I are born & raised Southern Albertans & we've always lived in the SW part of the province. We are extreme outdoors folk (like you all are) and if we aren't working - we're recreating on public lands either in 404 - 402 or 308. Love hiking - hunting and most of all random camping. So, with all of this said - we have sold our home and we are now looking to buy somewhere here in Alberta.

Sadly, our budget is not going to allow us to stay down here in the SW Alberta we grew up in and love. We are looking up towards Vilna, Athabasca area and do have a few places lined up to go and see this upcoming weekend.

We are public land users - not private land or grazing lease users and we are looking for public lands that we can hike/hunt and most important random camp on. I do have the Backroad maps books and I have accessed the grazing leases online here so I can see where the public land/grazing leases are. Problem is - I can't tell if there's random camping or not? No, I can't get the I hunter app as my old flip phone won't allow that.

Any information would be so helpful for us. We want this to be our final move as hubby is near retirement and we just want to be sure to be somewhere where we can still random camp within a few hours of our home. Please PM if needed. Should mention not looking for your camping spots - just want to know if it is indeed permitted - the adventures are in finding our own! Thanks