View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 04:26 PM

There us one on CGN for sale. Looks very similar to yours based on the pics only.
Here is the text for it:

Mauser Oberndorf Commerical Sporting Rifle Barreled Action 7x57

Complete, shooting*Oberndorf*7x57 Action. If you want a rough stock to get shooting, you can have one free including an original to this model of rifle that’s restorable. I pulled the nice stock off this for one of my other rifles. The bottom metal is commercial in the bow*Oberndorf*style, but contemporary production, not period correct to this rifle, the mag box is long not intermediate. Shoots very well, I’ve shot this a good deal, likes 140s, bore is reasonable not gleaming but strong rifling and a lifetime of shooting remains in there. Three leaf express sights, to 300 meters.

Selling for the price of having a good smith modify a surplus clunker action to be it with the bottom metal and bolt handle, and you won’t have a cut and welded bolt handle but a solid forging, $1350 shipped. As good of base for a top shelf custom as exists. Only trade is a nice Winchester 1892 or Pre-64 Model 70 in .243 or smaller.