View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 11:15 PM

If you've only got a couple hours and you are staying in Sylvan Lake, then I'd skip Gull Lake since you'll waste an hour or more driving there and back. At Sylvan Lake I believe there is a public access point on the west side of town, in Norglenwold, though I haven't been there in years and as I recall there is no shore-parking so you would have to drive on, not sure how are the snow conditions.

Also a public access point a few miles further west, off RR 21, into Half Moon Bay. Shallow slope to the lake bottom there so you have to get a good ways from shore to hit even 8 feet deep, so that means driving on, again not sure of snow conditions. I think there is some on-shore parking here, or could just drive a bit onto the lake and walk from there if driving conditions sketchy.

Two miles further west there is access at RR23, and here there is on-shore parking if you don't want to drive out. There is an abrupt drop-off about 200 metres off-shore, water going from 4 or 5 feet deep to over 20 feet deep in just a few car-lengths. Can't miss the drop off, huts are set up all along it.