View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
You noted that its been like that since new. I'm wondering if the cold water inlet is piped into the hot water outlet of your indirect heater and the hot water line is piped into the cold water inlet. That is a top connect tank so the cold inlet will have a stainless steel dip tube that brings the cold water down to the bottom of the tank, and the hot water convects up and is piped out from the top. If your cold water is introduced at the top and the hot outlet is drawing from the dip tube at the bottom where the cold incoming water will mix down & accumulate, that could explain your predicament.

Test: turn off the recirc pump and close a valve beside it. Run the hot water and feel the two pipes on the domestic water side of the indirect heater; the cold one should be going into the port marked 'inlet' or 'cold' and of course the hot one should be coming out the 'hot' or 'outlet' side. It is possible those factory stickers could be inversed by a new employee or smacked on it late on a Friday afternoon, that can be cross-checked against a factory diagram found online after looking up the brand and model #.

Opps, I just noticed in the photo that the factory sticker notes all the locations on the single sticker, that should minimize a sticker error.
I’ve checked this in the past and the cold go in to the correct port, as does the hot. I’m baffled....