View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 07:25 PM

Default Need help, sighting in and scope problems.

So got my new/old rifle today a zastava LKm70 in 6.5x55 se mounted up a old bushnell banner scope 3x x9 40 and got set up, took a shot at 48 yrds just see were I was hitting on paper I hit 10 inchs low but windage was good. so I clicked up, and could only do 8 clicks and scope was maxed on elevation. so I took another shot was 8 inchs low, now im confused but figured I'd take a few more shots, nice tight group all 8 inchs low. I had 4 rounds left so I walked my target out to 95 yrds and took a shot it hit dead bang center of the red, ..I HAD NOT TOUCHED SCOPE SETTING.. remeber was hitting g 8 inchs low at 48 yrds and now it's dead on at 95 yrds. can any one explain why ?? it should been much lower at 100 if it was low at 48 right ? iv never had a scope do this to me. at 48 it should been a bit high really high with scope maxed on elevation right ? is it front base is to high or rear is to low? bases are ones I got with it. the last owner is no longer with us so I can't even ask him ,, any ideas would be helpfull. groups great though. so there is that..