Thread: My protest buy
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I don't *hate* them, and the later gens are actually not too bad. But I am not a fan of striker fire guns in general, I found their (Glock) triggers (on early models especially) to be just creepy gritty garbage, and I didn't like the grip angle. All wrong for my natural point of aim. The Walther Creed, at 1/2 or 1/3 the price has a trigger that is superior, and fit my hand so much better, but I still sold all of them. I'm just a Sig DA/SA person I guess, love the P226/229/220s best. I almost got a P320, but again, just didn't like the striker fire much.
I have to agree with the Sigs. I sold my 226 and bought a 92FS as it wasn’t as bulky. Sold that and bought a 229 in 357 Sig. It was a great pistol, but the ammo was getting harder to find, so sold it and got a G19.

As for Glock triggers, a good armourer can remedy that. My 17 and 19 are both Gen 3 and were worked on by my buddy, who is a Glock armourer. No more creep. Same buddy let me handle his G43 he uses for VIP work. Can’t get a 43 as it’s too new, but now I’m on a lookout for a 26.