View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 09:48 AM

Default Xmas Breakfast Trial Run

Hosting our annual Eggs Benedict Family breakfast next Saturday. Hosting a few days early because some family has to be back in the Mac for Xmas.

So, usually I use toasted English muffins and do Eggs Benny to order for 20 people. Home Smoked Back Bacon fried to order.
But this year I am looking for efficiencies as I am getting too old to pull this off and still have Joy in my heart.

So like in the hotel-I will partially pre-poach all the eggs the night before and shock them in ice water-Cool and place them on parchment on a perforated 12" x 20"Hotel Pan.Have a solid Hotel pan with my poaching liquid ready to go and just flash the entirety of the eggs to temp in unison.

Slicing the English muffins, toasting them 4 at a time also was a pain. So this year I have a Waffle Plate for my Cuisinart Griddler. Each batch makes 4 small rectangular 2oz waffles.On the day pre-made and shingled on Baking sheets to be flashed to temp and crisped up in a hot oven

So today I am testing savoury waffles that the family will have never tasted before. Figured Brown Butter and Fresh Sage incorporated right into the batter. Each run of waffles requires 4 minutes in the iron.
On the day the Back Bacon will be pre-sliced and laid into concentric rings in my tableside chafing dish and heated in Brown Butter til hot and tender.

Pan of Swartzies will be brought in last minutes from the Pit Boss lightly smoked.
Fruit Platter mostly Berries and some Malibu Rum Marinated Pineapple.
3 liters of Hollandaise held in my big Thermos Vac Bottle

Ring the Breakfast Bell and yell "Come and Git it" next Saturday morning.

Build your own Benny Bar

Easy Peasey.

What do you folks like to do for a seamless breakfast for a crowd?

Last edited by omega50; 12-14-2019 at 10:02 AM.