View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonehuntin' View Post
From what I gather, the process Canadian RPAL holders now go through, background checks, references, etc. is quite similar to the checks/paperwork required by many states for CCW permits. We ought have the choice to carry....or not.Treated as CITIZENS, not SUBJECTS would be a start.As pointed out previously by others, apparently we as a group are not trustworthy enough to carry handguns...

Citizens in good standing that have obtained RPAL and some basic level law enforcement type firearms training should be able to open carry their handgun anywhere and CCW virtually anywhere with a CCW permit-that SHALL be issued if there are no flags in the background checks,Instead of our theoretical ability to get an open carry permit only if you work in isolated wilderness, and only if the CFO feels like approving you.From what I gather, permits to carry are VERY few and far between up here, it's a pity.
I like the way you think!

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me