View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhunter8 View Post
163" gross is my educated guess.
Interesting. Thank you. What is an educated guess, if you do not mind me asking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by laker View Post
I'm gonna bet he is a small bodied deer giving the illusion of a larger rack. When you find his sheds he will gross 156 giving him a 17" spread. The newest pics show a more basket like rack. Good luck finding his sheds.
Maybe you are not far off with the spread. I think I mentioned earlier in this thread that what we think was his brother was shot last year almost on the exact spot where the first photo in this thread was taken. I actually have a photo of that buck and a photo of his mount, but, unfortunately, the guy who put him down does not want me to post those photographs. Their racks are almost identical except for the split that the brother has on his right side as well (same tine as the left side). The other buck had the beam spread of only 19"; tip to tip was only 7" or 8" (maybe?). These numbers are from over a month old memory, so I could be very mistaken. This one maybe way off, but I think his greatest spread was something like 23 or 24". His rack mass is definitely lacking compared to this buck though and his tines are shorter. I thought this guy's spread was larger as well, but maybe you are right, I don't know. That deer was officially measured to be an over 170" deer (gross).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1 View Post
on another note, was this deer not shown getting killed by coyotes on someone's trail cam on AHA on facebook?
Do you, by any chance, have a link to the thread or maybe a picture from there? I am not a part of that group, so I am not sure what had been posted there. The last time this guy walked in front of my camera was on December 10, I believe. Rather, the last picture my camera took of this guy was on December 10; I have no idea how many it misses, but I am very happy with it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
I think you need to make it a mission to find his sheds this winter for us to see....Anyone would have shot that deer this past hunting season.God willing he makes it to next fall!
I will definitely try, but chances are slim to none, IMO. The bush is pretty dense, tons squirrels and bunnies are present as well. I am planning to make a couple of trips there this winter. Fingers crossed

I greatly appreciate all the participation in this thread and those who keep it going. If I find a shed, I will post pic here for sure.