View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Of course it was a planned closing but they had to keep the store running and stocked with most stuff until they actually called a closing date or they might as well quit ordering stuff 2 years ago. Corporate shutdowns that are not in foreclosure plan exit exit strategies months or even years in advance of the actual announcement. It allows them to market a closeout scheme, maximize whatever profits they can squeeze out before they turn out the lights. Does that make them evil? They're not doing anything illegal as far as I can tell. Do you think Zellers, The Bay, Eatons, K-mart, Target and hundreds of others over they years didn't do exactly what Wholesale is doing by stocking up on inventory to unload during their closeout 'sales'. It's a standard marketing strategy when putting these companies out to pasture.

At least they haven't asked for government bailouts.
I never said it was illegal, sorry if I worded it to sound that way somehow.
For the tiny bit of product they carried that I use (salt water fishing) I am really going to miss them. Now I just have to look online. I will sure miss the 30% off sales in Prince George with my UFA Wildcard. And the 50% off sale on fishfinders, I loved that one day sale.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....