View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatter View Post
Been lots of threads on this already.
Ten years ago we were a shadowy group of operators,now I see a thread every other day.
Take 2 year program.
Get your 3rd.
Get a summer job at a plant where firing time counts towards your 3rd.
Yes you can get a good paying job with a 4th but you are severely limiting yourself.
And probably will be working and studying to get get your 3rd at the same time.
Personally I'd rather go to school and get it....
Sorry about posting another thread about power engineering, I just wanted to interact with actual power engineers and ask them my questions directly instead of just reading about what other people have asked. Also, I do plan on taking the 2 year program, however Im not sure of my chances of getting in since I'll be applying now and it is kind of late to apply but I can only apply now since my marks are now up to par with the requirements for Nait. At the very least, I hope that IF I cant get into the 2 year program, that I will be accepted into the one year course and be able to complete my fourth class. That way I'll still be part of PE field, and I can just work my way up. It doesn't matter if its the harder path, I'll still try my best to succeed at it. Also I thought the 2 year program at Nait gives you the firing time for 3rd class?