View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 11:38 PM

Default Power engineering questions?

Hi there guys, I'm a new a member and had a few questions about power engineering! I plan on attending Nait, and I have been very interested in taking power engineering for sometime. Right now Im currently upgrading my current courses to meet the requirements for the 2 year program at nait called Power engineering technology. I was wondering if its already too late to apply for the course since I wont be done all my subjects until June, although my marks are pretty high now. I dont plan on applying until June/August, but I was thinking I would apply now and just give them my current progress through the subjects I've taken and hope for early admission. The next power engineering semester will start on September 3rd I believe, and its really important that I get in this year as they are changing the requirements next year making it even more difficult since they will only accept Chem and physics 30, not science 30 ( the science Im upgrading right now). My other question is, is the power engineering certificate still really good to have? It is the one year course that I believe lets you get your full 4th class and leave with part A of your 3rd. Since I get to apply for 2 nait courses, Im going to apply for both Power engineering technology ( my main objective), and the one year power engineering certificate course. I heard its not as easy as getting a job with just your 4th. Is this true? I dont plan on just staying fourth class, infact I plan on eventually reaching second class and possibly 1st if I can. In the case that I get accepted into the one year program and only get my fourth class, will finding a job be tough for someone who has their full 4th but no actual experience? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!