View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
It's a choice, not the most versatile choice but a choice, don't catch a twig in flight or jerk the trigger or bounce a limb off the side of window in blind or tree branch from treestand or get caught having to freehand one from treestand if the rail wont turn with u 90 degree to shoot that toad that just came in way to the right of u lol, as if u have one little mishap and miss....you'll be wishin u had that compound back in your hands, too funny. Get huntin with it if u think it's so much more awesome than compound then let us know how special it really is, all time, every situation etc etc.

Cracks me, yup u can take 5 min to load and fire 3 good and noisy shots for a good group at 100 where guys that practice there with compounds will unload their quiver into a kill zone before u can get your second shot off, I love it, all these perceived advantages, think it thru, yup that paper would be dead alright, eventually ha ha....but the real animals in real hunting? Ya...I'll take my compound every time...still nice to have the option but it's not for serious hunters most of the time. Can it fill needs and holes....sure, that's the point, it's no prime choice tho....the compound rules due to it's supreme versatility.
This is all blah, twigs, branches, jerks trigger, blah blah blah. Your telling me to hunt with it? I do hunt with it. I'm the guy with the crossbow who hunts with it Stinky. I have many, many, many, many, blown oportunitites with a compound, where the perfect tool would have been.............drumrolllllllllllllllllllllllllll lll. MY CROSSBOW. A crossbow is far superior in a tree stand. If you can't come to accept that then you don't really know much about a crossbow after all. I can at least double the amount of arrows that you fire off with your compound......using my longbows or recurves. It cracks me up when I'm lined up next to compound shooters on a range. They are so serious......take up position, locate the target, knock an arrow, draw, settle in, focus, focus, focus, focus, focus, focus lol. The release is so anti-climactic. Hey, I'm one of those too Stinky. But as far as versatility, you've got that wrong too.........trad bows are the best at being the most versatile.

Who needs a second shot with a crossbow? Really? Stinky, use whatever you want, whatever you think is best.