View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Funny you would mention respect as you seem to enjoy labeling others comments when they disagree with you as coming from a casual or an average observer....not much respect there. You constantly stated stats throughout your comments on the games so it is pretty evident this is what you seem to use as criteria for a win regardless of score. Pretty hard to take you very serious when you are adamant that a team that basically lost 4-1 was the better team.
That's my opinion, no big deal we disagree.
What do you mean basically lost 4-1? The final score was 4-2.

A ridiculous comment only you would make - the final score was 4-2 and none of Croatia's goals came with any controversy.

Are you saying the error Lloris made handling the ball shouldn't have counted? Really?

No point in talking about this if this is too far beyond your capacity to read and understand my comments and opinion, which is, and was, BTW shared by a huge number of sports writers, newspapers, etc...

It's real simple ....

1) 2 of those call were that led to French goals are controversial. That same story line is all over the press - so it's not just my "stupid opinion". I'm just calling it as I see it - I have no skin in the game.

2) Croatia absolutely controlled the game and maintained possession and out shot France albeit, did not do enough to put quality shots on the net and test Llorris - so they didn't get it done. Many press reports also said Croatia controlled the game. Despite that, they didn't do enough to put the ball in the net and were unable to recover from those 2 controversial calls.

3) Anyone who knows football knows the reason France was able to open up and attack later (and score the last 2 goals) in the game from the right side where Mbappe attacked was because they moved his mark, Ivan Peresic, who was playing in the 6 position, who is the only one with enough pace to keep up with him, had to be pulled off his assignment and put on the attack as Croatia was behind. Before that France did not recorded one shot on target only in open play - they presented ZERO threat before that. Watch the game again and you will understand.

Either way we don't agree simply because this is beyond your understanding. that much is clear to me.

I do not want to disrespect the France team, they won the game, nor do I want to pee on their efforts. Congratulations to France and the team. Let's move on.