View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Clearly you are the casual sports fan, you think that stats dictate the outcome of a game, while they are only one small part of it which has been proven numerous times throughout this world cup and in many other sports. Blaming the ref....lame..... and claiming the better team lost......basically 4-1, I am guessing you have never played one minute of an organized sport of any kind.
I was actually hoping Croatia would win but today they were not the best team, but I do agree it was a great World Cup
I'm not going to argue with you.

And you are 100% right in your first point the outcome of the game often does not match statistics nor is it indicative of which is the stronger team.

Two (unfortunate events) subsequently controversial calls for the Croatians today - that's my opinion. It forced them to move their #6 position (Perisic) over the right side opening up the right attacking side for Mbappe to exploit.

I have a right to an opinion and I have extensive experience with competitive soccer as a player, coach, ref. - so I'd not classify myself as a casual observer and I'd like to think I have a qualified opinion at the very least worth of respectful consideration - something you failed to give me.

That's my opinion - big deal - we disagree.

Last edited by EZM; 07-15-2018 at 02:29 PM.