View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 05:57 PM

For those curious, I actually did email the people listed and here is the response I recieved:

"Dear ...,

Thank you very much for contacting Canadian Tire regarding SKS branded firearms.

We are sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with our decision to discontinue the sale of SKS firearms in our stores.

As part of our regular product review process, we often introduce or retire products from our categories, taking into consideration product mix and assortment. Last year alone, we introduced over 10,000 new items, including products in our hunting and fishing categories in support of Canada's rich outdoor traditions

We value your opinion and your comments have been shared with those most closely related for their review.

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to respond."

A pretty standard response, beyond the "dissatisfaction" comment. (I don't believe my email stated my opinion one way or the other) Though it does lead me to believe that MJohn7's analysis is probably accurate. CT realizes that firearms can be huge for them, but they have to walk a fine line as many people from all walks of life shop there. The amount of money they make on an SKS sale isn't worth the grief they would receive from a lot of folks. It is a business first and foremost.

That being said, I do firmly believe that the Liberals are hurting following Kadhr, Trudeau's Vacation, Bombardier, the tax proposals, Morneau and his Villa, the list goes on. Even the legalization of weed is not going as well as hoped with Ontario botching that terribly. Going after guns will not alienate the Liberals fan base and will even sway some from the NDP.