View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaha Tinda View Post
I was quite disappointed that they did not expand the Kiska-Wilson boundary out to the trunk road AND all the way down to the Ya Ha Tinda. This area need more protection and proper management than any other area of the east slopes. Considering they expanded the perimeter to include Medicine Lake, they must have considered it.
That would have made a lot of sense.

Some minor degree of hot-dog standing is preferable to wholesale mis-use of the land by the OHVers (of which I am one, enough to see how sideways it's gone anyhow), the "Chop down a whack of live trees for my tent and fire" random campers and industry. Most of the K Country parks are in a lot better shape than the unprotected areas west and east of the trunk road from the Ghost to Hinton (not all of K Country, but most). The Bighorn should have been bigger, but it's at least a start if it gets done. Most Albertans support more parks and protected areas. 50 years ago there was a lot less pressure on the front range of the Rockies, now there are two big and a lot of small cities and a few million people. Time to update things, it's a mess out there. What is in place flat out doesn't work.