View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
That is exactly why I chose to live here. The odds of my examples happening here are slim to none. Why? Because handguns are restricted and very difficult to come by
Let's look at your examples

Quote:
A friend, farther of three, was involved in a fender bender. He was hit from behind whilst waiting at a traffic light. Things get heated and he is shot 9 times by the lawyer that drove in to him.
Would it have been any different if the lawyer reached into the car, pulled out an XCR and shot him nine times?

Quote:
My wife and I are getting in to my truck after supper at my parents. I see a person walking up the driveway pointing a gun. I am packing as well. Do i pull my gun or do I get my wife and parents back in to the house without a shootout. I made the right decision by not pulling my gun and herding the family back in to the house. They were not after my truck. They wanted in to the house because they left the truck idling in the driveway. If i pulled my gun a family member would have got hurt.
Would it have made a difference if the person was carrying a shotgun with an extended magazine instead?

Quote:
My cousin is drawing money at the ATM. He is focusing on the ATM. He is packing as well. They wait till it spits out the money and he gets shot 3 times in the stomach. They take his gun and his cash
So do you think our Canadian regulations keep thieves and robbers from carrying handguns? Would it have been better if the thieves had used an SKS or a shotgun?

Quote:
My father gets woken up with a 9mm pistol shoved in his mouth. He had no time to reach for a gun. There are 7 guys standing in his bedroom with guns and knives. They hold up him, my mother and my sister for 8 hours in their home. All the whilst holding a gun to my 2 hear old nieces head so they don't think of doing anything "funny". They also threaten to rape my mother and sister
Once again, do you think that our Canadian regulations would prevent someone that is going to hold up a family, and threaten to rape people, from using a handgun to commit such a crime? Would it have mattered if it was a shotgun that was shoved into his mouth?

Quote:
We are having a BBQ at a friends house with family friends and kids. 3 of us are packing. 4 guys jump over the fence, grab the closest child and puts a gun to his head. We all do what they say. No way we are pulling our guns. We are trained to shoot straight but they are not.
Yet again, do you believe that people that would commit such an act would care about our Canadian firearms regulations? Would it have mattered if they had used short barreled shotguns?

You are trying to make it sound like handguns are the root of all evil, when in fact, there are far more dangerous weapons that Canadians can legally carry around.

In every case, the people in your examples broke the law, so obviously neither the laws , nor the police were enough to protect the people in your examples.