View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 01:12 PM

I have a few cheap rifles that shoot just fine.

First is a Stevens 200 in 7mm-08 with a rifle basix trigger that I'm into for all of $375. I added a Bushnell Elite 4200 scope and its moa at 200 yards with factory ammo. The action is super smooth - a previous owner must have done some work on it. Someday I might upgrade to a Boyds stock but for now its a decent hunting rifle that's taken numerous deer, grouse, and a 52" bull moose.

Next is a Traditions Deerhunter .50 cal caplock muzzle loader that I bought used for $140. I added a bushnell first strike red dot sight that I got on sale for $100, a decelerator slip on recoil pad, and it shoots patched round ball or 385 grain bullets in a 2" group at 50 yards or close to 4" group at 100 yards. The groups are a little better with the factory open sights but I prefer hunting with the red dot. This little rifle weighs only 4lb 15oz with a hunting load!!! (which is why I added the recoil pad)

Then I also have a Marlin 30AS 30-30 that I got cheap, added a Vortex SPARC red dot, and can consistently hit the 150 yard gong with.