View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 10:09 PM

That sounds like a great setup. Yes factory was all 24” barrels if I recall correctly. I swapped mine into an early RS stock, and it’s heavy but very manageable. Recoil with the hard factory pad is just fine. I am contemplating downsizing some, but the Big 8 will stay.... at least until I’m too old to handle the recoil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athabasca1 View Post
I am thinking I would like to have a custom left hand rifle built in 8mm Remington Magnum chambering. I have aftermarket stocks (HS Precision, Manners & Bell & Carlson) already. I also have a BNIB Remington Model 700 SS long action magnum bolt face and a Stiller TAC 300 black coated SS long action magnum bolt face that I could use. I also have new Remington long action magazine boxes, followers and springs as well as trigger guards. I have a Benchmark blank (8mm SS 10T #3 that finishes at 24"). I also have a new Manson reamer for this chambering.

I bought the blank with the intentions of building a .325WSM so thought the 24" finished length would be suitable.

So for you fine members that have owned a 8mm Remington Magnum what are your thoughts on a 24" finished length for a 8mm Remington Magnum? From what I have read it appears the the Remington Model 700 BDL rifles in 8mm Remington Magnum were manufactured with 24" barrels.