View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakal View Post
Right on great info i now have a 5wt and an 8wt where does one find a good selection of clouser minnows and Meat whistle lol never heard of that one before
Oh man, with an 8wt, definitely get some Galloup streamers---sex dungeons, silk kitties, and circus peanuts.

If you are in Calgary, just visit one of the fly shops. Fish Tales will have everything you need. I am sure the other shops are good, Fish Tales has never let me down and they are only a few blocks away, so I almost never go to other shops. There is a price premium to buy in fly shops, but with a purchase, there is usually some advice.

Find Jim McLennan's Trout Streams of Alberta. It is a trade paperback, so slightly bigger than a small handbook, but it is a 'must read' for all aspiring trout anglers. It is filled with great info on the rivers and techniques, as well as hatch charts. If you can somehow get your hands on a copy of Barry Mitchell's "Alberta Trout Highway", you have struck pay dirt on the inside skinny for AB trout streams.