View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiity View Post
Having a problem with my ice auger.The auger is a StrikeMaster Honda 35cc lite Gas Auger.I let the engine warm up but when I go to drill a hole, it almost always bogs down to the point of stalling. It starts up on the first pull and idles nice and smooth, but as soon as you put any kind of load on it stalls.I even put premium fuel in it.
Myself and two fishing buds each bought one of these beginning of last ice season, when CT was clearing them out. Myself and one other guy had problems with the motor bogging and loosing power under load (once warmed up) like you describe. His only acted up a couple of times but mine seemed to have the issue almost every time out. We all run Shell premium fuel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy44 View Post
The gas cap on the Honda Gx35 also doesn't vent properly. If your machine bogs down try unscrewing the gas cap until you hear air sucking into the fuel tank, that should fix it. Try and be mindful of that and crack the gas cap open from time to time.
Just took it out for the first time this year, same problem. Gave this a try, ran great the rest of the day.